RULES AND REGULATIONS
MoneyGram Cricket BeeTM Contest
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS CONTEST. THIS CONTEST IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
1. Contest Overview: The MoneyGram Cricket BeeTM Contest (the “Contest”) tests the knowledge of cricket enthusiasts across the country on the history of the game, its glorious moments, as well as different teams, players and other general knowledge of the game.
2. Eligibility: The Contest is open to legal residents of the United States who were born on or before July 1, 1999 and legal residents of Canada who have reached the age of majority in their province of residence. Employees of MoneyGram Payment Systems, Inc., its retail agents, parent, subsidiaries and affiliates, and employees of any advertising agencies or any other company involved with the design, production, execution or distribution of this Contest, including but not limited to the independent organization administering the Contest (“Administrator”) (collectively, “Affiliated Parties”), and any person domiciled with and/or an immediate family member (spouses and parents, siblings and children and their spouses) of any such employee are not eligible to enter or win. Sponsor reserves the right to verify to its satisfaction the eligibility of any entrant. This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial, and local laws and regulations, and is void where prohibited. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s and Administrator’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. Offer void in the Province of Quebec and where prohibited by law.
Sponsor reserves the right to verify the date of birth of any entrant or player and may disqualify, prior to or during the Contest, any entrant or player who is not in compliance with any of the eligibility requirements or any provision of these Official Rules.
3. Sponsor: MoneyGram Payment Systems, Inc., 2828 Harwood St., Floor 15, Dallas, TX 75201.
4. Registration Deadlines: Entrants must register to enter the Contest online prior to the registration deadline applicable to the regional center where the entrant intends to compete. There will be no on-site registration.
The Registration Deadlines for each regional center are:
a. Bay Area: July 7, 2017
b. Dallas: July 14, 2017
c. Chicago: July 20, 2017
d. New Jersey: July 21, 2017
e. Toronto: July 27, 2017
5. How to Register: Entrants may register to enter the Contest by visiting cricketbee.com and submitting an online registration form prior to the Registration Deadline that corresponds with the regional center at which the entrant intends to compete. Entrants may choose any regional center regardless of where he or she resides. An Entrant may only be registered at one regional center and may only compete at one regional center during the Regionals portion of the Contest.
Sponsor is not responsible for a lost, misdirected, late, unsent or incomplete Registration or for inaccurate information included on any Registration, whether caused by the entrant or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Contest, or by any technical or human error that may occur in the transmittal of any registration or the processing of any function on the entrant’s computer system.
By registering for this Contest, you agree to these Official Rules and the judges’ decisions, which are final and binding in all respects.
6. Contest Dates: The Contest Dates for each regional center are:
a. Bay Area: July 9, 2017
b. Dallas: July 16, 2017
c. Chicago: July 22, 2017
d. New Jersey: July 23, 2017
e. Toronto: July 29, 2017
Finals will be held on August 12, 2017 in New Jersey.
7. Contest Format for Regionals:
a. Regionals: On the designated Contest Date, players will be given a written test consisting of 35 multiple-choice questions. The questions must be answered in 35 minutes. To qualify for the Regional Oral Round, Players must answer 25 or more questions correctly.
b. Regional Oral Rounds: The Regional Oral Rounds will each be conducted on a miss-and-out basis until one player is left. At this point, the remaining player will be given a championship question, which if answered correctly, will make the player the Regional Champion. The regional champ and two runners up will move on to the Finals, to be held in New Jersey.
c. Contest Format for Finals: The top two finalists from each region will be invited to participate in the Finals on August 12, 2017 in New Jersey. The finalists will be expected to arrive by 7pm on August 11, 2017, and report to the Sponsor-designated hotel. The finalists will be responsible for all travel expenses associated with traveling to the Finals. The finalists however will be provided with two nights’ accommodation at the Sponsor-designated Hotel in New Jersey. All Canadian finalists must have valid travel documents to enter the United States.
d. Oral Contest: During the Oral Contest, the Umpire will ask a question to each player. The player must answer the question to the best of their knowledge within 60 seconds. If none of the players remaining in Contest at the start of a round answer correctly during that round, all players remain in the competition and a new round begins. If multiple players answer correctly in a round, all players who answer correctly move on to another round. If only one player answers correctly in a round, a new one-question round begins and the player is given an opportunity to answer the next question on the list.
e. End-of-Bee Procedure: If the player succeeds in correctly answering the championship question in this one-question round, the player is declared the champion. If the player misses the championship question, a new round begins with all the players who answered in the previous round. These players answer in their original order.
8. Rules and Guidelines for Finals:
a. Notice of Rules: All players and audience members should familiarize themselves with the Rules and Guidelines available at http://cricketbee.com/rules/.
b. Misunderstandings: The Umpire is not responsible for a player’s misunderstanding of a question.
c. Umpire Errors: If a question is incorrect or the answer is factually wrong, the player may appeal.
d. Disqualifications: The judges will disqualify a player (1) who refuses a request to start answering a question; (2) who does not approach the microphone when it is time to receive the question; (3) who does not comply with the eligibility requirements or these Official Rules; (4) who engages in unsportsmanlike conduct; or (5) who, in the process of answering, utters unintelligible or nonsense sounds. Interruption in any form during the Contest is unacceptable and the Sponsor reserves the right to ask the disruptive member to leave the Contest venue or face disqualification of the Player.
e. Appealing a Missed Question: A player may appeal to the judges for his or her reinstatement to the Contest, provided that the appeal is in compliance with the appeal protocol described below. The judges will render a final decision on the appeal in accordance with the reinstatement protocol.
f. Appeal Protocol: A written appeal must be hand delivered to the designated official (a Contest coordinator/director to be identified prior to the start of the Finals). The deadline for delivering an appeal is before the affected player would have received his or her next question had he or she stayed in the Contest; however, to minimize disruptions to the Contest, every effort should be made to deliver an appeal by the end of the round in which the player was eliminated. When five or fewer players remain, the written appeal requirement is suspended, and an oral appeal must be made before the Player would have received his or her next question had he or she stayed in the Contest. A written appeal must provide (a) the player’s name, the question, and the reason the player should be reinstated. While the competition is in session, individuals who have filed appeals may not directly approach the judges unless explicit permission to approach the judges has been given. The judges will contact the player if they decide to reinstate the player. To minimize disruption to the pace of the Contest and the concentration of the players, the judges are under no obligation to stop the Contest in order to discuss with the player’s parent(s), legal guardian, or teacher a denied appeal. The judges’ decisions are final and are subject neither to review nor to reversal by any authority.
g. Disqualification Request:An appeal seeking to dislodge another player from the Contest should be denied.
The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify, terminate, or suspend this Contest should viruses, bugs, unauthorized human intervention or other causes beyond Sponsor’s control corrupt or impair the administration, security or fairness of the Contest. The Sponsor is not responsible for any human or technological error that may occur in the processing of the Contest nor are they responsible for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, communications line failure, theft or destruction of, unauthorized access to, delay in operation, transmission, or distribution of, or alteration of entries, whether caused by the sender, any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Contest, or otherwise.
9. Prizes: At each Regional Contest, the following prizes are awarded to the Regional Champion, first runner-up, second runner-up:
- Regional Champion: $300.00
- First Runner-Up: $200.00
- Second Runner-Up: $100.00
At each Regional Contest, the following door prizes are awarded to the Most Represented Team and the Most Represented League :
Most Represented League– To claim the $500, any league at the regional must have a minimum of 15 members participating in the contest. The league must appoint one representative that can vouch for the other participants from their league. Acceptable vouching can include any one of the following
- League member card
- Regular emails to member from League
- Photo of member playing in the league
- Name on the website of the league
- Name in Official team roster
Most Represented Team– To claim the $500, any team at the regional must have a minimum of 7 members participating in the contest. The team captain or a team mate duly appointed must vouch for the other participants from their team. Acceptable vouching can include any one of the following
- Team member card
- Regular emails to member from Team
- Photo of member playing in the team
- Name in Official team roster
- Photo of member in team Jersey
- Member is wearing the team jersey on the day of regional
In case of a tie, the prize money will be shared by the successful claimants.
At Finals, the following prizes are awarded to the Champion and Runner Up:
- Champion: $10,000.00
- Runner-Up: $2,500.00
Winners are solely responsible for all applicable federal, state or provincial, and local taxes and any expenses associated with any prizes.
10. Release: By accepting any prize, the Winner agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Affiliated Parties, retail agents, and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim, liability, damages, or cause of action or actions of any kind whatsoever, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, damage, or loss of person or property, arising out of participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
11. Publicity: Except where prohibited, acceptance of a prize constitutes Winner’s consent to Sponsor’s use of Winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration.
12. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, replace, suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, for any reason including if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
13. Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (2) computer error, electronic or technical malfunctions or failures of any kind, including but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims. The English language text of these Official Rules shall be controlling. In the event of any conflict between a provision hereof and a translation of such provision into another language, the English meaning of such provision shall prevail.
14. Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and any judicial proceeding shall take place in a federal or state court in Dallas, Texas; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event legal fees; and (3) under no circumstances may entrant obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Texas without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Texas or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Texas.
© 2017 MoneyGram. All rights reserved. Contest entrants are hereby authorized to copy these Official Rules on the condition that such copy will be for entrant’s personal use and not any commercial purpose, whatsoever. MONEYGRAM is the registered trademark of MoneyGram International, Inc. and/or MoneyGram Payment Systems, Inc.